Proven leadership to move Reno forward
As the newest member of the Reno City Council, I take my responsibility to listen to you and be your voice very seriously.
Since joining the Council, we’ve managed to put more police and firefighters back to work while reducing Reno’s debt by more than $49 million. We’ve put $1 million toward fighting blight and cleaning up our city. And money from the Reno license plate I championed is supporting our parks and recreation.
This is the kind of progress that comes about from working together to find practical, workable solutions.
While we can take pride in the strides of our resurgent economy, we must also remain vigilant in our government’s decisions and planning. There are no easy answers but there are steps we can take to address everyday problems confronting Reno’s citizens.
I appreciate your vote to keep moving Reno forward. As always, you can contact me at any time.
My pledge to you
- To work for policies that further Reno’s resurgence and support jobs
- To continue reducing the City’s debt and improving our fiscal standing and resiliency for the future
- To build upon Reno’s strengths as a base for outdoor recreation, the arts, and technology
- To further Reno City Council support for our children’s schools
- To continue the City’s leadership on sustainability and drought planning
- To always be accessible and to listen to your concerns and ideas
Award-winning public service
- 2015 “LEEDership Award”, US Green Building Council, Nevada Chapter
- 2013 Children’s Champion, Children’s Advocacy Alliance
- 2012 Human Services Network, Politician of the Year
- Nevada EcoNet, Golden Pinecone Award
What our community is saying
We need David’s leadership, experience and dedication to our city on the Reno City Council. Please join me in supporting David!
— Mayor Hillary Schieve
David is one of the most well-rounded public servants I have ever known. He knows the issues, works hard and is very caring and committed.
— Frankie Sue Del Papa, former Nevada Attorney General